How to submit your song for Melodifestivalen 2013
You can now submit your song for Melodifestivalen 2013. Songs with at least one Swedish composer are welcome for participation. As described in the Rules, you can upload your song to either the Regular Contest or the Public Contest. To upload your song, please follow the instructions below.
Between the 3rd and the 18th of September at 9:00 AM CET (new extended deadline), composers can upload their entries for Melodifestivalen 2013 here at Melodifestivalen.se. In both the Regular Contest and the Public Contest, the songs are entered as audio files.
Both qualification contests are decided by a jury, selecting 15 entries for Melodifestivalen 2013 from the Regular Contest and 1 from the Public Contest. The remaining 16 entries are invited separately by SVT.
Before uploading and to learn to which one of the two qualification contests your song applies, please read the Rules.
How do I register an account?
In order to upload your song, please register an account online at laddauppmelloordinarie.svt.se for the Regular Contest or laddauppmelloallm.svt.se for the Public Contest. If you have already got an existing account, please enter your User Name and Password in the fields to the lower right and press the red button labeled "Logga in" (Log In) at the appropriate one of the two websites. To register, press the red button labeled "Registrera dig".
In the next page, please enter your account details for the following fields:
- "Användarnamn" (User Name). Space, full stop, hyphen, and underscore allowed. Required to be unique.
- "E-postadress" (Email). You will receive a welcome email to this address.
- "Lösenord" (Password).
- "Bekräfta lösenord" (Confirm Password).
Don't forget also to check the box underneath the red button at the foot of the page, indicating that you are accepting the rules (please refer to the link above for the rules in English). After completing the four fields, press the red button labeled "Skicka".
Where should I go from the main page?
You are now brought to the main page. Here, users are instructed that they can upload their songs until the 18th of September at 9:00 AM CET. Do not wait until the last minute, as the web traffic is expected to rise at that time and slow the system down. Before uploading, please verify that your file is in Mp3 format and is playable.
The three navigation options to the upper right are bringing you to, respectively, the main page, a page where you can change your password, or a page where you are logged out. To submit your song, press the button "Ladda upp fler bidrag" (Upload More Entries).
How can I upload my song?
The following page, titled "Mina bidrag" (My Entries), contains five fields:
1. "Välj ljudfil att ladda upp" (Choose Audio File for Upload). The format used must be Mp3. Please avoid using Mp3 files containing images, as this may cause viewing problems.
2. "Välj bidragets genre" (Choose the Genre of the Entry). The genre names are mostly self-explanatory, with the exception of visa "singer/songwriter style ballad", pop/grupp "pop/group", dansband "dance band/dance orchestra", and övrigt "other".
3. "Ange bidragets titel" (Enter the Title of the Entry).
4. "Ange artistens namn" (Enter the Name of the Artist) & "Eventuellt gruppnamn" (Name of the Group, if applicable). Here, the first field is mandatory. The adherent box is checked if the artist or artists performing the song in the Mp3 file is used for the demo only, and not intended to be in the running for performing the song in Melodifestivalen 2013. If checking this, step 5 and 6 disappears from the screen.
5. "Ladda upp artistbild" (Upload a Photo of the Artist).
6. "Artistbeskrivning" (Artist Description). Please enter the artist's age, musical background and routine of performing on stage or in TV.
7. "Ange kompositör(er)" (Enter Composer[s]). For for the Regular Contest, in order to confirm the validity to compete, please enter the ISRC Code (International Standard Recording) of at least one previously published work of at least one of the songwriters of the entry. After pressing the "Lägg till" (Add) button, you will be prompted to enter, respectively, name, surname, ISRC Code and song title. When the composer is added, please specify in the drop-down menu labeled "Roll" (Role) if the composer has written the lyrics ("Text"), the music ("Musik"), or both ("Text & Musik") of the work entered for participation in Melodifestivalen 2013. You are required to add all the participating songwriters, but you will only need to add an ISRC code for one of them. For the Public Contest, simply enter the names of the songwriters and specify the Role of the respective songwriter in the drop-down menu.
When you have completed the above fields, press "Ladda upp" (Upload) to upload your song. After successful upload, the entry is displayed in your main page. If you wish to remove the entry, you can always click "Ta bort" (Delete). For the column "Status", click "Verifiera" to verify your file. A prompt will appear where you are asked to listen to the uploaded file to secure that it is played accurately. Click "Verifiera" in this window to verify, or "Avbryt" to cancel.
Please repeat the procedure for every song you wish to upload.
As a complementary tool and if necessary for the understanding of the interface, please refer to an online translating tool such as Google Translate.
Article updated with the new extended deadline of the 18th of September at 9:00 AM CET.